WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NATIVE APP AND A WEB APP?
Developing a mobile app can be a tough task. It requires hard work such as:
- The Planning of the App
- App development
- Testing in different devices.
Before starting your App business, it is really important to know what is the difference between a Native App and a Web App.
The Native APPS (or client-side applications) are applications made specifically for the device.
The Native Apps are developed to be used on a specific platform with a specific language and allow you to perform all the codes on your mobile device. It is also off-line (without an Internet connection) in order to interact better with the device, using its capacity to 100% for GPS, Photo Gallery and much more.
FEATURES AND STRENGTHS
- The Native Apps access the features of your device.
- They have the capability to use hardware features.
- They provide background functionality.
- They send and receive push notifications which are messages we receive, informing us about news/changes in an app that we have installed.
- They work offline, meaning you can use the App without having an Internet connection.
- The execution is faster, such as the loading.
- They ensure a better user experience since their navigation is much more fluid.
- They require advanced development knowledge.
- They require a lot of dedication (money and time).
- When publishing the app on all of the App stores, it needs to become compatible to each operating system. For example, if an app is iOS-developed, it can only be used on iOS devices. It is the same for Android.
- They need to be updated and positioned in the same Stores.
The WEB APPS (or server-side applications) are applications accessible through a browser and require an Internet connection to run.
A web app can be opened on all mobile devices as they run and open into the device browser.
FEATURES AND STRENGTHS
- The Web Apps are universal and can be used from any operating system. They are multi-platform. In fact, the Web apps work on all devices that are connected to the Internet, even Tablets and Smartphones with different operating systems.
- They only need an updated browser to run and use them.
- They do not occupy memory on mobile devices.
- It is not necessary to publish and download them from stores like Google Play and App Store.
- The latest version of the app is always displayed, it does not require updates.
- They are economical and require less development time.
- They require an Internet connection to run.
- They do not work in the background (multitasking).
- They offer very limited access to the items and hardware features of the device.
- They need a web space.
- The Web Apps can be slower than a Native App.
Mobincube lets you create native mobile apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod), Android, Windows Phone and HTML5.
While generating the app, Mobincube will generate a mobile application which is compatible with each family of devices. That means that you don’t have to worry about the size of your images or other parameters, as Mobincube will adapt them to every mobile device.
With Mobincube you'll get the benefits of Native Apps without programming knowledge and without investing time in developing them.
Mobincube is the perfect tool for all levels, from those users with low computer skills to those more advanced users who want to create apps with a high level of complexity. The tool saves time, effort and money.
You just need a user account and you are ready to start this wonderful experience!