Thanks to CleverTap it is now possible to use the Deep Link that will allow us to directly access a specific page of the app.
A Deep Link is a link which allows a connection between a Push Notification and a piece of content. When a user opens the Push Notification, he will find a link which, when clicked, will direct him to the information we want to promote.
If for example we have a new section in a recipe app, we can send a notification to inform the user about a new dish or a daily menu, promotions etc.
HOW TO USE A DEEPLINK IN CLEVERTAP
- Go to your CleverTap Dashboard through the Tools button of your App in Mobincube.
- On the left side of the panel just click on the button: Push
- Click on "Create New " to create a new notification.
- A new panel will open. There you must configure the notifications and indicate when and to whom send it.
- Once we have configured and indicated this information, a new window will open. There you must write the text of the notification, attach a picture, if you want, and specify the type of operating system.
- Finally we can insert the " deeplink " in order to open, from that message, the specific screen of the app.
The Deep link will be like the following:
- You must write the correct app package name [packageName ]·
- The SHORTCODE will be the final code of the link of the app published in Mobincube :
For example the short code for this app http://mobincube.mobi/3FBGHA will be: Short code: 3FBGHA
- Finally you must write the name of the section you want to open, once clicked the notification : [section_name], which would be the name of the app section (screen) we want to open.
In iOS the deeplink to send from the PUSH section will be like the following:
The section name will be the name of the app section (screen) that we want to open (for example Home)